Monday, June 13, 2011

6.13.2011

Here are the workouts I've done in the last week - 


My goal on this WOD was to do the GHD situps and HSPUs unbroken. The last set was more of a mental game than anything, but I was able to finish them and it felt great!  


Chris set a solid time for this WOD and I attempted to keep up with him - it always helps me to have something to shoot for. He definitely stomped me on this one. I was able to string all the deads, but I had to break up the pushups. 


This WOD was one of the more painful short WODs I've done in awhile. The first round went perfectly, I was able to do 21 thrusters and 21 pullups unbroken rather easily. Then, around 8 reps into my second set of thrusters I proceeded to get hit by a train! After that I mentally shut down and barely finished. These are the workouts where I try to work on my pain tolerance. I know I can physically do more reps in a row, its just a matter of shutting out the burn! Next time this WOD rolls around, I'll try to get to 12 before shutting down! Every little bit counts. 

Saturday, I actually did an 'old school' bodybuilding-esque workout. It was awesome! Justin was training Diana and I was able to sneak in and workout with them :) We did a 4 supersets of Dumbbell Bench x 6 reps and Lat Pull Down x 6 reps. I was able to do 95# dumbbells!! 9 months ago I had just achieved 90#s for a few reps and literally had not touched them since. Being able to walk in and do 95# dumbbells for sets of 6 was just another thing to add to the "Proof CrossFit Works" list!!!! Next we did the same thing with Decline Bench Press and Narrow Grip Underhand Lat Pull Down and I think I lost my biceps at that point. We finished with some volume training - rep scheme 20-13-12-10-8-7 super-setted with no rest - strict Lat Pull Down and Seated Machine Press, then finished off with the same rep scheme on Cable Flys and Machine Narrow Grip Rows. I am STILL SORE. Great workout!!! It felt good to supplement this in with my normal CrossFit training.

I've been a bit sore and slightly sick the last few days but, I'm finally getting over it and ready to WOD in the am!! More results to follow!! Keep working hard, it will pay off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment