Saturday, May 7, 2011

5.7.2011

Friday afternoon I felt like getting back to some heavy weights after sectionals. The last 6 weeks I've avoided doing anything too heavy so I could stay fresh for the Open WODs. I've been looking forward to adding some significant strength into my training again! After work, I did:

16min AMRAP of:
3 Deadlifts (315#)
13 Box Jumps (24")
3 Muscle Ups

I did 6 rounds + 1 deadlift. I REALLY focused on form. Had I let my form go, I think I could have finished a few more rounds. But, I'm sticking with what I've tried to always do - back down on the weight if my form is not where it should be and work my way back up with perfect form. By doing this most of my life through athletics, power-lifting, etc, I have avoided ever having a significant injury. It's hard to do this, especially when competing. I want to push myself beyond my limits, but I know I have stick with good form. It pays off in the end!

Today (Saturday) I went in and did some skill work.. started with 5 sets of 200m row sprints with 45 seconds of rest.

1st set - 20% intensity, 2nd - 40%, 3rd - 60%, 4th - 80%, 5th - 100%. I ended up holding a 1:29 on the last one!!

Then I worked on getting a better CTB butterfly. I was trying to figure out how to do CTB butterflies and make a significant separation in form in comparison to regular pullup butterflies. There is a fairly large difference between the two. It seemed like CTB butterflies work better when I keep my body more vertical through the whole movement. With regular pullup butterflies, I have a much larger angle with respect to the ground. I also realized how much more important my legs were in CTB butterflies.

After this, I worked on my strict press form followed by a set of 7 reps done in singles, 20 seconds rest between each single. I used 125#.

I finished the day off with 3 X 1 min wall hand stand holds and 15 minutes of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment