Friday, April 22, 2011

04.22.11

Crazy week!! Had my second Heat Transfer test today, long week of studying and trying to stay ahead of Thermo homework. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off and decided to burn some stress on 11.5 before studying all night:

CrossFit Games - wod 11.5:
20min AMRAP:
5 Power Cleans @ 145#
10 T2B
15 Wall Balls @20#

Pretty solid, warmed up, talked strategy with some of the guys before hitting it. We ended up deciding that keeping a consistent (not slow, just consistent) pace was the best idea for this wod. 20 minutes is a LONG time! I forced myself to say I wasn't going to break my wall balls and I'm really glad I did. The wod went well, ended up with 317 total reps (10 rounds, 5 Power Cleans, 10 T2B, 2 Wall Balls). I did all my wall balls unbroken!! But, I did outpace myself after the 2nd round, I had been trying to string the power cleans and that gassed me. The following sets I dropped the bar, took 3 breaths, did a rep, etc. Also, I split the T2Bs into sets of 5 with 3 breaths to rest in between. It really helped having people there yelling at me and keeping me on pace. I have a tendency to outrun my pace and get gassed! Overall, I'm happy with the way it played out.

We'll see what happens with the rankings, I'd love to be in the top 100 in the region when it's all said and done. Regionals would be an AWESOME surprise - I'm going to NUKE myself on 11.6 and maybe I'll get there!

Currently(as of 9:21pm) - 50th in the region overall and 19th for 11.5 in the region. We'll see how that holds up until Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go. I like reading these because I am a THIEF. That's right, I steal things. I steal motivation from those who are doing what I can't right now. I rob encouragement from those who put in an effort when I'm not feeling it and just have to get it done. I pick-pocket a good example from that runner on the trail no matter what his/her size/shape/experience -- just because they are out there doing it too. I sneak peaks at the trainer's at the gym in order to see what is possible when my body looks bleak. I'm a thief. MT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its what you've gottah do! I'm glad your a thief, I enjoy reading the crossfit posts you sneak onto your status :)

    ReplyDelete